Monday, July 26, 2010

Travelers Tech Spotlight:

In Review: 
GOGO In Flight Wireless Internet  http://www.gogoinflight.com/gogo/splash.do

I'll start by saying that its fast, and convenient.  My company pays for my internet connection, so the price is not relevant to me, however it may be to YOU.  Gogo charges per flight length if you purchase on the plane.  Also, I noticed while I was logging in that there were multiple prices that would pop up with each window, for example, first it was $9.99 for a flight from PHL to DEN.  By the time i navigated to my login page, the price had changed to $12.99 for the same flight, so be careful with your purchase.  It may be a bit misleading.  Also, remember that from PHL to DEN is just over 3.5 hours, so that is $2.85/$3.71 per hour!  Remember your hourly income and determine if it is worth it to get some extra work done or just to surf the net.

Another perk is that they have internet for mobile devices too, and I was very happy to stream Netflix on my Ipad at my company's expense!  By the way, this post was made on the airplane, which means it really works.  Overall, I'd say it is worth it for the longer trips.  Happy surfing!

Questions?  Fire at will!

0 comments: