Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Travelers Tech Spotlight:

Here's a quick idea for a compact and lightweight tech item that should be in your bag:
Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro Black LED Pen Flashlight with Holster
Maybe you find yourself asking "Why would I need to carry a flashlight with me when I travel?"  Well, here are a few examples of times where my flashlight came in handy:
Ever been in a hotel when the lights go out?  Heaven forbid all of your technology comes to a halt without electricity and I know how scary it can be for those of us who live behind a computer screen, but in this unlikely event, it PAYS to have a flashlight on standby.
Another recent example, I was heading to the airport one early morning and the rental car began to make a disturbing noise.  Its dark out and my flight is leaving with or without me, so I decided to pop the hood and do some investigating.  Thanks to the flashlight, I was able to locate culprit and make the necessary repair in time to catch my flight.  It could have taken hours for roadside assistance to locate the car and make the fix, so my handy flashlight saved the day yet again.

Comments, Questions, Rants?  All are welcome.

0 comments: